On Monday, June 22, 2020, the CEO of The Crossroads Center hosted a conversation on Facebook Live focusing on recent racial tensions in our community and how we as an agency and community can respond. Here are a few exerpts from his notes:
- Race: a class or kind of people unified by shared interests, habits, or characteristics
- Justice: the quality of being just, impartial, or fair
- Equity: justice according to natural law or right specifically : freedom from bias or favoritism
- Equality: the quality or state of being equal
- Since 2015, police have shot and killed 5,400 people.
- Best Practices
- Create the platform for discussion.
- Review or develop policies that impact change.
- Focus on legislative change.
Join the conversation below: